The authors gratefully acknowledge their indebtedness to Professor William J. Davey of the University College of Cape Breton for assistance in the transcription of the field tapes. They also express their gratitude to the Deputy Director of the Alliance F'ranpise in Hong Kong, Monsieur Dominique F'ichoff, for his help in finding informants and for providing them with room facilities for the recording session. Professor Pierre LRon, Director of the Experimental Phonetics Laboratory at the University of Toronto, kindly made acoustic phonetic equipment available for this research. Useful comments by two anonymous reviewers improved the paper significantly.
Cantonese Speakers and the Acquisition of French Consonants
Article first published online: 27 OCT 2006
© 1993 Language Learning Research Club, University of Michigan
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 43–68, March 1993
How to Cite
Cichocki, W., House, A.B., Kinloch, A.M. and Lister, A.C. (1993), Cantonese Speakers and the Acquisition of French Consonants. Language Learning, 43: 43–68. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-1770.1993.tb00172.x
- Issue published online: 27 OCT 2006
- Article first published online: 27 OCT 2006
- Final version accepted August 1992
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!