Ghoti papers Ghoti aims to serve as a forum for stimulating and pertinent ideas. Ghoti publishes succinct commentary and opinion that addresses important areas in fish and fisheries science. Ghoti contributions will be innovative and have a perspective that may lead to fresh and productive insight of concepts, issues and research agendas. All Ghoti contributions will be selected by the editors and peer reviewed. Etymology of Ghoti George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950), polymath, playwright, Nobel prize winner, and the most prolific letter writer in history, was an advocate of English spelling reform. He was reportedly fond of pointing out its absurdities by proving that ‘fish’ could be spelt ‘ghoti’. That is: ‘gh’ as in ‘rough’, ‘o’ as in ‘women’ and ‘ti’ as in palatial.
Following the chain to elusive anglers
Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Fish and Fisheries
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 220–228, June 2010
How to Cite
Griffiths, S. P., Pollock, K. H., Lyle, J. M., Pepperell, J. G., Tonks, M. L. and Sawynok, W. (2010), Following the chain to elusive anglers. Fish and Fisheries, 11: 220–228. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-2979.2010.00354.x
- Issue online: 13 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 10 MAR 2010
- Received 16 Jul 2009 Accepted 19 Jan 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!