This article is a revised version of an earlier unpublished paper entitled ‘Estimating the Returns from Expenditures on Intangible Investment’ and ‘Identifying Corporate Expenditures on Intangibles Using GAAP’. The authors are grateful for the helpful comments from the editor and three anonymous referees, and John Creedy, Paul Healy, Christoph Loch, Alfons Palangkaraya, Stefan Reichelstein, IBISWorld for the use of their database, and participants at the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand 2007, and the EIASM 4th Workshop on Visualizing, Measuring and Managing Intangibles and Intellectual Capital 2008.
Accounting for Expenditure on Intangibles
Article first published online: 13 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Authors. Abacus© 2012 Accounting Foundation, The University of Sydney
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 104–145, March 2012
How to Cite
HUNTER, L., WEBSTER, E. and WYATT, A. (2012), Accounting for Expenditure on Intangibles. Abacus, 48: 104–145. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6281.2012.00359.x
- Issue published online: 13 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 13 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!