Did the goodwill accounting standard impose material economic consequences on Australian acquirers?
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
© 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2008 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 48, Issue 4, pages 625–647, December 2008
How to Cite
James, K., How, J. and Verhoeven, P. (2008), Did the goodwill accounting standard impose material economic consequences on Australian acquirers?. Accounting & Finance, 48: 625–647. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-629X.2007.00246.x
The authors gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments of Keith Alfredson, Stewart Jones, Phil Shane, Nasser Spear, Don Stokes, Peter Wells, Jilnaught Wong, Norman Wong and Julian Yeo as well as participants at the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand 2006 Conference and seminars at Curtin University of Technology, the University of Melbourne, the University of Auckland, the University of Sydney, University of Technology Sydney and Monash University. Initial discussions with Philip Brown have been instrumental to the development of the research ideas. Capable research assistance by Effiezal Abdul Wahab is appreciated. The usual disclaimer applies.
- Issue online: 23 OCT 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
- Received 10 October 2006; accepted 8 November 2007 by Robert Faff (Edit).
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!