The authors are grateful for useful comments and feedback from the two anonymous referees, Peter Clarkson, Neil Fargher, Jennifer Francis, Allan Hodgson, Peter Wells, participants at the 2005 Summer Research School in Accounting at the University of Technology, Sydney, the Asian Academic Accounting Association Conference, Kuala Lumpur, 2005, the University of Southern Queensland Faculty of Business Research Seminar, 2006, the Macquarie University Accounting and Finance Research Seminar, 2006, and the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Conference, Wellington, 2006. All remaining errors are our own. The supply of data by Securities Industry Research Centre of Asia–Pacific on behalf of the Australian Securities Exchange is also gratefully acknowledged.
Corporate governance and chief executive officer dismissal following poor performance: Australian evidence
Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2008
© The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 161–182, March 2009
How to Cite
Lau, J., Sinnadurai, P. and Wright, S. (2009), Corporate governance and chief executive officer dismissal following poor performance: Australian evidence. Accounting & Finance, 49: 161–182. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-629X.2008.00278.x
- Issue online: 30 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 14 SEP 2008
- Received 21 June 2007; accepted 1 July 2008 by Robert Faff (Editor). ; doi: 10.1111/j.1467-629x.2008.00278.x
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!