Audit committees and earnings quality
Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2008
© The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 49, Issue 2, pages 267–290, June 2009
How to Cite
Baxter, P. and Cotter, J. (2009), Audit committees and earnings quality. Accounting & Finance, 49: 267–290. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-629X.2008.00290.x
This paper is from Peter's PhD thesis completed at the University of Southern Queensland (USQ). We are grateful for the input of his Associate Supervisor, Gary Monroe from the Australian National University (ANU). We also thank the two anonymous reviewers for their very helpful comments and suggestions. This paper has also benefited from the comments of seminar participants at Griffith University, ANU, USQ, Central Queensland University (CQU), the 2005 University of Technology Sydney Accounting Research Summer School, and the 2005 Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) Conference. Funding support was provided by USQ, CQU, and a PhD scholarship jointly sponsored by AFAANZ, CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. The Global Industry Classification Standard (GICS) industry classification data were kindly provided by Standard & Poor's (S&P). The GICS was developed by and is the exclusive property and a trademark of S&P, a division of the McGraw-Hill Companies Inc. and Morgan Stanley Capital International Inc.
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2008
- Received 29 November 2007; accepted 17 September 2008 by Robert Faff (Editor).
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!