We thank an anonymous referee and Robert Faff (the editor) for helpful comments and suggestions. Thanks are also due to Ron Masulis, colleagues in the School of Banking and Finance at the University of New South Wales, especially Jo-Ann Suchard and Kathryn Wong for helpful comments and suggestions. Further we are grateful to Janice How, Peter Verhoeven, Paul Frijters and Benno Torgler at QUT and Richard Heaney, Timothy Fry and Michael Graham at RMIT, delegates at the 20th Australasian Banking and Finance conference and delegates at the 2009 Asian Finance Association conference, in particular Larelle Chapple and Sudipto Dasgupta for yet more helpful comments and suggestions. Excellent research assistance provided by Rahul Anand is also acknowledged.
Divestitures, wealth effects and corporate governance
Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2009
© The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 389–415, June 2010
How to Cite
Owen, S., Shi, L. and Yawson, A. (2010), Divestitures, wealth effects and corporate governance. Accounting & Finance, 50: 389–415. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-629X.2009.00332.x
- Issue online: 24 MAY 2010
- Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2009
- Received 2 April 2009; accepted 19 September 2009 by Robert Faff (Editor).
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!