The authors acknowledge financial support from the Accounting & Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand; and assistance from the Finance and Treasury Association in collecting data. We are very grateful to the impressive group of managers who generously gave their time and skill in completing the surveys and taking part in interviews. We appreciate insightful comments from numerous colleagues, especially Rob Brown, Stephen Brown, Kevin Davis and participants in research seminars at the University of Amsterdam and the University of Melbourne. We are also grateful for detailed comments from the Editor and two anonymous referees who significantly strengthened our argument and conclusions. The usual disclaimer applies.
Narratives in managers’ corporate finance decisions
Article first published online: 17 AUG 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Accounting and Finance © 2010 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 50, Issue 3, pages 605–633, September 2010
How to Cite
Coleman, L., Maheswaran, K. and Pinder, S. (2010), Narratives in managers’ corporate finance decisions. Accounting & Finance, 50: 605–633. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-629X.2010.00343.x
- Issue published online: 17 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 17 AUG 2010
- Received 17 July 2009; accepted 27 December 2009 by Robert Faff (Editor).
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!