I am grateful to the editor, Robert Faff, and an anonymous referee for detailed comments and suggestions. I also thank Anup Agrawal, Doug Cook, Benton Gup, Susan Hume, Junsoo Lee, James Ligon, Eric Mundt, Ravi Shukla, Mary Stone, and seminar participants at the 2008 FMA and 2011 EFA meetings for helpful comments. I gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thomson Financial for providing Broker Recommendations data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System (I/B/E/S). I also thank I/B/E/S for permitting me to use the Recommendation Broker Translation file. All errors are my own.
Analyst firm parent–subsidiary relationship and conflict of interest: evidence from IPO recommendations
Article first published online: 27 MAR 2012
© 2012 The Author. Accounting and Finance © 2012 AFAANZ
Accounting & Finance
Volume 53, Issue 3, pages 763–789, September 2013
How to Cite
Lee, C. (2013), Analyst firm parent–subsidiary relationship and conflict of interest: evidence from IPO recommendations. Accounting & Finance, 53: 763–789. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-629X.2012.00476.x
- Issue published online: 27 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 27 MAR 2012
- Received 13 November 2011; accepted 27 February 2012 by Robert Faff (Editor).
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!