*The authors are economists at the Federal Trade Commission. Views and opinions expressed in this paper are solely those of the authors and should not be interpreted as reflecting the views of the Federal Trade Commission, any of its individual Commissioners, or other members of the staff. Comments by Mary Coleman, Patrick DeGraba, Leslie Farber, Jeff Fischer, Mark Manuszak, David Meyer, Paul Pautler, Louis Silvia, John Simpson, Shawn Ulrick, and participants at the Industrial Organization Society Conference, the Allied Social Science Meetings, the FTC conference on Oil Industry Merger Effects and excellent research assistance by Ryan Toone are appreciated.
THE ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF THE MARATHON-ASHLAND JOINT VENTURE: THE IMPORTANCE OF INDUSTRY SUPPLY SHOCKS AND VERTICAL MARKET STRUCTURE*
Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2007
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 55, Issue 3, pages 419–451, September 2007
How to Cite
TAYLOR, C. T. and HOSKEN, D. S. (2007), THE ECONOMIC EFFECTS OF THE MARATHON-ASHLAND JOINT VENTURE: THE IMPORTANCE OF INDUSTRY SUPPLY SHOCKS AND VERTICAL MARKET STRUCTURE. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 55: 419–451. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2007.00318.x
- Issue online: 10 SEP 2007
- Version of Record online: 10 SEP 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!