*We appreciate comments and suggestions from participants at the ESEM-EEA Conference (Madrid, 2004), EARIE Annual Conference (Berlin, 2004), the VII Encuentro de Economía Aplicada (Vigo, 2004), the XXVIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial (Granada, 2004) and from Pilar Beneito. We are also grateful to the Editor and two anonymous referees for many helpful comments. Financial support from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Technology (project numbers SEJ2005-05966 and SEJ2005-08783-C04-01), from the Generalitat Valenciana (project numbers GV2007/041 and GVACOM2007/132) and IVIE is gratefully acknowledged. We would also like to thank Fundación SEPI for providing the data. Usual disclaimers apply.
THE ROLE OF SUNK COSTS IN THE DECISION TO INVEST IN R&D*
Article first published online: 24 NOV 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 712–735, December 2009
How to Cite
MÁÑEZ, J. A., ROCHINA-BARRACHINA, M. E., SANCHIS, A. and SANCHIS, J. A. (2009), THE ROLE OF SUNK COSTS IN THE DECISION TO INVEST IN R&D. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 57: 712–735. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2009.00398.x
- Issue published online: 24 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 24 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!