*This paper is a substantially revised version of our working paper, ‘Exclusive Dealing, Entry and Mergers,’ CEPR DP No. 4902 and CSEF WP No. 153. We are very grateful to Hans Carlsson, Joe Farrell, Walter Garcia Fontes, Susana Iranzo, Doh-Shin Jeon, Chris Snyder, David Spector, Lucy White and especially to Pierre Regibeau and Patrick Rey for insightful discussions. We also thank seminar participants at European University Institute, Università di Verona, Università Bocconi, Università di Bologna, Università di Salerno, Colegi de Economia (Barcelona), Toulouse (Conference en l'honneur de Jean-Jacques Laffont), Dartmouth College, University of Züurich, Kyoto University, SNEE European Integration Conference in Möolle, 2006 Conference on Competition and Regulation (Corfu), First Conference on the Research Network on Innovation and Competition Policy (ZEW Mannheim), WSB Social Science Research Center (Berlin) and 2007 European Summer Symposium in Economic Theory (Gerzensee). Chiara Fumagalli acknowledges Università Bocconi (Ricerche di Base) and MIUR (PRIN 2005) for financial support. Lars Persson acknowledges Tom Hedelius' and Jan Wallander's Research Foundation for financial support.
ON THE ANTICOMPETITIVE EFFECT OF EXCLUSIVE DEALING WHEN ENTRY BY MERGER IS POSSIBLE*
Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal compilation © 2009 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 785–811, December 2009
How to Cite
FUMAGALLI, C., MOTTA, M. and PERSSON, L. (2009), ON THE ANTICOMPETITIVE EFFECT OF EXCLUSIVE DEALING WHEN ENTRY BY MERGER IS POSSIBLE. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 57: 785–811. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2009.00401.x
- Issue online: 24 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 24 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!