*This paper supersedes the unpublished papers Jansen  and Jansen . I thank the Editor, two anonymous referees, Patrick Bolton, Eric van Damme, Simona Fabrizi, Guido Friebel, Sanjeev Goyal, Martin Hellwig, Bruno Jullien, Johan Lagerlöf, Tor Jakob Klette, Nicolas Melissas, Giuseppe Moscarini, Rick van der Ploeg, Luca Rigotti, Armin Schmutzler, Yossi Spiegel, and Dolf Talman for helpful comments and discussions. I also thank participants of seminars at CentER, Free University Berlin, University of Zürich, WZB, EARIE conference (Copenhagen), Econometric Society World Congress (Seattle), CEPR workshop on ‘Product Markets, Financial Markets and the Pace of Innovation in Europe’ (Brussels), EEA Congress (Lausanne), 10th WZB Conference on Industrial Organization (Berlin), Workshop on Licensing (Milan), and IUI/CEPR conference on ‘Innovation, Ownership and Competition’ (Vaxholm) for comments, and Brian Cooper for careful proof-reading. The support of MPSE (Toulouse), Princeton University, Tilburg University, WZB (Berlin), EUI (Florence), the ENTER exchange program, and Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) grant R 46-362 are gratefully acknowledged. All errors are mine.
STRATEGIC INFORMATION DISCLOSURE AND COMPETITION FOR AN IMPERFECTLY PROTECTED INNOVATION*
Article first published online: 24 MAY 2010
© 2010 The Author. Journal compilation © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 58, Issue 2, pages 349–372, June 2010
How to Cite
JANSEN, J. (2010), STRATEGIC INFORMATION DISCLOSURE AND COMPETITION FOR AN IMPERFECTLY PROTECTED INNOVATION. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 58: 349–372. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2010.00417.x
- Issue published online: 24 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 24 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!