*This paper was previously circulated under the title ‘Bundling, Compatibility and Upgrades.’ I am grateful to Michael Waldman, Drew Fudenberg, Marie Goppelsroeder, seminar participants at the University of South Carolina and the 2007 International Industrial Organization Conference, two anonymous referees and the Editor for helpful comments and suggestions. All remaining errors are mine.
TYING, COMPATIBILITY AND PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE*
Version of Record online: 3 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Author. The Journal of Industrial Economics © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 579–606, September 2010
How to Cite
MIAO, C.-H. (2010), TYING, COMPATIBILITY AND PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 58: 579–606. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2010.00425.x
- Issue online: 3 SEP 2010
- Version of Record online: 3 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!