*We thank the Editor, an anonymous referee, and Patrick Bajari, Andrew Bernard, Michael Gort, Boyan Jovanovic, Steven Klepper, Jagadeesh Sivadasan, Eric Van Den Steen, and participants at several conferences and seminars for their comments. We also thank Robert Picard for his assistance. The usual caveat applies.
SURVIVAL AND GROWTH IN RETAIL AND SERVICE INDUSTRIES: EVIDENCE FROM FRANCHISED CHAINS*
Article first published online: 3 SEP 2010
© 2010 The Authors. The Journal of Industrial Economics © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 542–578, September 2010
How to Cite
KOSOVÁ, R. and LAFONTAINE, F. (2010), SURVIVAL AND GROWTH IN RETAIL AND SERVICE INDUSTRIES: EVIDENCE FROM FRANCHISED CHAINS. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 58: 542–578. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2010.00431.x
†Authors' affiliations: School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University, 545B Statler Hall, Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A. e-mail: email@example.com
‡Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, 701 Tappan St., Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, U.S.A. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue published online: 3 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 3 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!