*The authors gratefully acknowledge comments and assistance from Kamran Dadkhah, Jim Dana, Steve Morrison, Huseyin Mutlu, Craig Peters, Russ Pittman and an Editor of this journal. Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the International Industrial Organization Conference, EARIE, Brandeis University, the University of Amsterdam, the Justice Department Workshop on Competition in the Airline Industry, and the U.K. Competition Commission. We are particularly grateful to Steve Morrison for use of his data. The authors are solely responsible for remaining errors.
THE PRICE EFFECT OF ELIMINATING POTENTIAL COMPETITION: EVIDENCE FROM AN AIRLINE MERGER*
Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Authors. The Journal of Industrial Economics © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 767–793, December 2010
How to Cite
KWOKA, J. and SHUMILKINA, E. (2010), THE PRICE EFFECT OF ELIMINATING POTENTIAL COMPETITION: EVIDENCE FROM AN AIRLINE MERGER. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 58: 767–793. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2010.00433.x
- Issue published online: 24 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!