*I am grateful to the Editor and to two anonymous referees for their thorough and thoughtful reports. I am also indebted to Pierpaolo Battigalli, Duarte Brito, Luís Cabral, Eileen Fumagalli, Fabio Maccheroni, Massimo Motta, Michele Polo, Thibaud Vergé and seminar participants at Bocconi University, Erasmus University of Rotterdam, IHS (Vienna), Tilburg University, Universidade Católica Portuguesa (Porto), Università Tor Vergata (Rome), CSEF-IGIER Symposium on Economics and Institutions (Capri, July, 2005) and at the 2007 EARIE Conference (Valencia) for their valuable comments on early versions of this paper. Special thanks are due to Joe Harrington for detailed comments and several very insightful discussions that substantially improved this paper. Of course, any errors remain my own. Financial support from Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia is gratefully acknowledged.
EFFICIENCY GAINS AND STRUCTURAL REMEDIES IN MERGER CONTROL*
Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
© 2010 The Author. The Journal of Industrial Economics © 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd. and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 742–766, December 2010
How to Cite
VASCONCELOS, H. (2010), EFFICIENCY GAINS AND STRUCTURAL REMEDIES IN MERGER CONTROL. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 58: 742–766. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2010.00436.x
- Issue online: 24 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 24 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!