*The research in this paper was conducted while the authors were Census Bureau research associates at the California Census Research Data Center (CCRDC). Research results and conclusions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily indicate concurrence by the Bureau of the Census. The results presented in this paper have been screened to ensure that no confidential data are revealed.
LEARNING-BY-DOING AND MARKET STRUCTURE*
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
© 2011 The Authors. The Journal of Industrial Economics © 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 177–198, June 2011
How to Cite
BALASUBRAMANIAN, N. and LIEBERMAN, M. B. (2011), LEARNING-BY-DOING AND MARKET STRUCTURE. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 59: 177–198. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2011.00450.x
We thank the Editor and three anonymous referees for their thoughtful comments that significantly improved our paper. We thank Becky Acosta and Kevin McKinney at the CCRDC, and Arnie Reznek at the CES for their help with the project proposal and prompt processing of disclosure requests. Natarajan Balasubramanian thanks his dissertation committee members, Daniel Ackerberg, Michael Darby, Hugo Hopenhayn and Mariko Sakakibara for their numerous helpful comments. The CCRDC generously provided financial support to Natarajan Balasubramanian and covered the data access fees.
- Issue published online: 27 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!