*I thank my advisors Joe Harrington and Peyton Young for their advice and encouragement. I would also like to thank Pat DeGraba, Dave Schmidt, Matt Shum, Frank Verboven, and two exceptionally helpful anonymous referees as well as Jim Porter (author of Disk/Trend), Clayton Christensen, and Henry Chesbrough for providing me with data. Any errors are my own. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Federal Trade Commission.
PERSISTENCE OF TECHNOLOGICAL LEADERSHIP: EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES AND INCREMENTAL INNOVATION*
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
The Journal of Industrial Economics © 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics. No claim to original US government works
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 199–224, June 2011
How to Cite
METCALF, C. J. (2011), PERSISTENCE OF TECHNOLOGICAL LEADERSHIP: EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES AND INCREMENTAL INNOVATION. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 59: 199–224. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2011.00453.x
- Issue published online: 27 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!