*I gratefully acknowledge the insightful comments and suggestions from the Editor and two anonymous referees that greatly strengthened the article. For their helpful comments I thank Sugato Bhattacharyya, Marcin Kacperczyk, Gautam Kaul, Lutz Kilian, Uday Rajan, Amit Seru, Sophie Shive, Andrei Simonov and seminar participants at the University of Michigan and the American Economic Association 2010 Meeting in Atlanta. I also thank the staff at the Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) for granting me a special permission to test the spider programs on their server. The usual disclaimer applies.
FINANCIAL VALUE OF REPUTATION: EVIDENCE FROM THE eBAY AUCTIONS OF GMAIL INVITATIONS*
Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
© 2011 The Author. The Journal of Industrial Economics © 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 59, Issue 3, pages 422–456, September 2011
How to Cite
LEI, Q. (2011), FINANCIAL VALUE OF REPUTATION: EVIDENCE FROM THE eBAY AUCTIONS OF GMAIL INVITATIONS. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 59: 422–456. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2011.00457.x
- Issue published online: 27 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 27 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!