We are grateful for helpful comments from Lucas Davis, Paul Gertler, Erin Mansur, Steve Tadelis, Matt White, Frank Wolak, three anonymous referees and the Editor, and from seminar participants at U.C. Berkeley, the U.C. Energy Institute, the University of Michigan, and NBER. Special thanks to Koof Kalkstein for sharing his extensive knowledge of the natural gas markets with us. We are grateful to the OpenLink Fund within U.C. Berkeley's Coleman Fung Risk Management Research Center and to the Energy Institute at the Haas School of Business for financial support.
Career Concerns, Inaction and Market Inefficiency: Evidence From Utility Regulation†
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 60, Issue 2, pages 220–248, June 2012
How to Cite
Borenstein, S., Busse, M. R. and Kellogg, R. (2012), Career Concerns, Inaction and Market Inefficiency: Evidence From Utility Regulation. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 60: 220–248. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2012.00478.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
- U.C. Berkeley's Coleman Fung Risk Management Research Center
- Energy Institute at the Haas School of Business
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!