I thank Steve Berry, Justin Fox, Don Green, Justin Johnson, Dean Karlan, Josh Lustig, Steve Nafziger, Philipp Schmidt-Dengler, Fiona Scott Morton, Harsha Thirumurthy, Michael Waldman, various seminar participants, and the Editor and anonymous referees for comments, and the Yale Institution for Social and Policy Studies for financial support. I also thank Michael Coughlin at Premier Subaru, Romana Primus at Whaling City Ford and Paul Trembley at East Rock Auto Repair for background information about the auto repair industry, and George Iny and his colleagues at the Automobile Protection Association for invaluable assistance in designing the experiment and interpreting the outcomes.
Agency Problems and Reputation in Expert Services: Evidence from Auto Repair†
Article first published online: 17 OCT 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Editorial Board of The Journal of Industrial Economics
The Journal of Industrial Economics
Volume 60, Issue 3, pages 406–433, September 2012
How to Cite
Schneider, H. S. (2012), Agency Problems and Reputation in Expert Services: Evidence from Auto Repair. The Journal of Industrial Economics, 60: 406–433. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6451.2012.00485.x
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 17 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!