This research, conducted at the Harvard Psychological Clinic, was facilitated by the Laboratory of Social Relations The experiment stems from a research project directed by Dr Henry A Murray and supported by a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation and grant M-700 from the National Institute of Mental Health, Public Health Service The author wishes to express his appreciation to Dr Murray both for making this study possible and for providing the clinical evaluations of the subjects The author also wishes to express his gratitude to Dr Charles W Eriksen who offered helpful suggestions for treatment and interpretation of the data, Mr Leo McNamara who helped with the scoring and data analysis, and Dr Frederick Mosteller who reviewed critically the statistical findings and their interpretation
Personality Dispositions, Word Frequency, and Word Association1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 24, Issue 3, pages 328–338, March 1956
How to Cite
DAVIDS, A. (1956), Personality Dispositions, Word Frequency, and Word Association. Journal of Personality, 24: 328–338. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1956.tb01272.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received April 27, 1955
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!