Conducted while the author was in the Psychology Laboratory, Institute for Psychosomatic and Psychiatric Research and Training, Michael Reese Hospital, as a USPHS Fellow in Clinical Psychology in a program sponsored jointly by the University of Illinois School of Medicine, the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, and the Michael Reese Hospital
The Effects of Early Shock and Handling on Later Avoidance Learning1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 24, Issue 4, pages 475–493, June 1956
How to Cite
LEVINE, S., CHEVALIER, J. A. and KORCHIN, S. J. (1956), The Effects of Early Shock and Handling on Later Avoidance Learning. Journal of Personality, 24: 475–493. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1956.tb01283.x
This research was supported in part by the Wieholdt Foundation and in part by Mental Health Funds provided by the State of Illinois
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received June 18, 1955
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!