This research was performed while the authors were at Yale University, as part of the Communication Research Program which is supported by The Rockefeller Foundation and under the direction of Carl I Hovland The authors are indebted to teachers and students at New Haven State Teachers College whose generous co-operation made this research possible While we assume full responsibility for this paper, we are grateful to Arthur R Cohen, Carl Hovland, and Ben Willerman for their suggestions on the manuscript
Reactions to Unfavorable Evaluations of the Self Made by Other Persons1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 25, Issue 4, pages 393–411, June 1957
How to Cite
HARVEY, O. J., KELLEY, H. H. and SHAPIRO, M. M. (1957), Reactions to Unfavorable Evaluations of the Self Made by Other Persons. Journal of Personality, 25: 393–411. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1957.tb01536.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received July 18, 1956
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!