This study was designed by the author and the data collected under his supervision by G Hugh Russell and Kenneth Luoto for their Master's theses at Purdue University in 1951 The hypotheses tested by Russell and Luoto are different from those dealt with in this paper
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 25, Issue 4, pages 412–424, June 1957
How to Cite
HOFFMAN, M. L. (1957), Conformity as a Defense Mechanism and a Form of Resistance to Genuine Group Influence. Journal of Personality, 25: 412–424. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1957.tb01537.x
Part of tins paper was read at the American Psychological Association meetings in 1956
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 6, 1956
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!