Now at Harvard University
The effect of the commitment situation on the generalization of expectancies1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 26, Issue 4, pages 508–516, December 1958
How to Cite
Mischel, W. (1958), The effect of the commitment situation on the generalization of expectancies. Journal of Personality, 26: 508–516. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1958.tb02348.x
This paper is based in part upon portions of a doctoral dissertation done at the Ohio State University, supplemented by data collected in subsequent studies at the University of Colorado Special thanks are due to Dr Julian B Rotter for his consistent encouragement and helpful assistance A summary of this paper was read at the 1957 meetings of the American Psychological Association in New York City
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received March 10, 1958
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!