The author wishes to express his appreciation to Professor Jerome S Bruner for his initial theoretical impetus and his continuing encouragement of this project Gratitude is also extended to Professors Dorothy C Adkins and Gordon W Allport for their assistance, and to Mr Edward Johnson of the University of North Carolina for his invaluable computational help The project was supported by a grant from the Social Science Research Council
The measurement and correlates of category width as a cognitive variable†
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 26, Issue 4, pages 532–544, December 1958
How to Cite
Pettigrew, T. F. (1958), The measurement and correlates of category width as a cognitive variable. Journal of Personality, 26: 532–544. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1958.tb02350.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received March 14, 1958
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!