This study was supported in part by an SSRC Undergraduate Research Stipend awarded to the second author, and in part by grants to Carl I Hovland from Bell Telephone Laboratories and the Rockefeller Foundation It was earned out when both authors were at Yale University The authors wish to thank Drs. Cohen, Hovland, and Sarnoff for their comments on a preliminary manuscript
Communicator-communicatee discrepancy and perceived communicator trustworthiness1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 352–361, September 1959
How to Cite
Brehm, J. W. and Lipsher, D. (1959), Communicator-communicatee discrepancy and perceived communicator trustworthiness. Journal of Personality, 27: 352–361. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1959.tb02358.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 5, 1958
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!