This experiment received support from funds granted by the Rockefeller Foundation to the Yale Communications Research Project The writer is especially mediated to Justin Aronfreed for his aid and advice. The writer also wishes to thank the following people for their contributions to various aspects of this experiment Robert P Abelson, Jack W Brehm, Arthur R. Cohen, Alfred B Connable, Seth M Corwin, Carl I Hovland, and Jacob M Rabbie.
Reaction formation and cynicism1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 28, Issue 1, pages 129–143, March 1960
How to Cite
Sarnoff, I. (1960), Reaction formation and cynicism. Journal of Personality, 28: 129–143. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1960.tb01607.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received June 26, 1959
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!