This investigation was supported by a grant (M-3575) from the National Institute of Mental Health, Department of Health Education and Welfare The author wishes to thank Dr Timothy Brock for his helpful suggestions in the early stages of the research, and Professor Sidney Perloe for his critical reading of the manuscript.
The effects of set and discrepancy on impression change1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 1–15, March 1962
How to Cite
Leventhal, H. (1962), The effects of set and discrepancy on impression change. Journal of Personality, 30: 1–15. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1962.tb02302.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 8, 1960; Revised manuscript received September 20, 1961
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!