The authors are indebted to the Yale Test Anxiety Project for complete financial support of this study (from funds of an NIMH grant), to Seymour Sarason for his encouragement and guidance of this research, and to George Wolfe for his invaluable assistance with the interviewing
The role of anxiety and defensiveness in children's verbal behavior1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 79–96, March 1963
How to Cite
Zimbardo, P. G., Barnard, J. W. and Berkowitz, L. (1963), The role of anxiety and defensiveness in children's verbal behavior. Journal of Personality, 31: 79–96. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1963.tb01842.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 10, 1962
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!