Based upon the author's dissertation at Syracuse University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy The author wishes to express appreciation to Dr David Hunt, chairman of the dissertation committee, and Drs Francis D1Vesta and Sanford Dean, committee members Thanks also are extended to Dr Monroe Levin for his assistance in obtaining Ss, and to Herbert Mirels, Herbert Cross, and Robert Curtiss, for their help in collecting data
The role of conceptual systems in cognitive functioning at varying levels of age and intelligence1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 108–123, March 1963
How to Cite
Wolfe, R. (1963), The role of conceptual systems in cognitive functioning at varying levels of age and intelligence. Journal of Personality, 31: 108–123. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1963.tb01844.x
Ss were pupils m the Consolidated School District of Oneida, New York, and Saint Patrick's School, Oneida This investigation could not have been completed without the active cooperation of Mr Ralph Westervelt, Superintendent of Schools in Oneida, and the following school principals Mr Norman Burton, Mr Otto Shortell, Mr Samuel Collella, Mr Bart O'Brien, Mr David Clancy, Mrs Grace O'Brien, and Miss Mildred Ridley The inclusion of parochial school children in the study was made possible by the efforts of Sister Thaddeus of Saint Patrick's School.
This investigation was supported by research grant M-3517 from the National Institute of Mental Health, Public Health Service
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 16, 1962
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!