The authors are grateful to George Faibish, Assistant Chief, Psychology Service, Houston VA Hospital, for his penetrating criticism of the text
Ego-support, communication, catharsis, and hostility1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 296–312, June 1964
How to Cite
Rothaus, P. and Worchel, P. (1964), Ego-support, communication, catharsis, and hostility. Journal of Personality, 32: 296–312. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1964.tb01342.x
This research was supported in part by Grant M-1721 (RI) from the National Institute of Mental Health, United States Public Health Service
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received July 30, 1963
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!