Funds for this study were provided by USPHS Grant CH00077-02 Thanks are extended to the following persons for their assistance James J Qunlivian, M D, Director, Office of Public Health Information, New York State Department of Health, Helen B Vandervort, Director, Women's Division, New York State Exposition, Harold L Creal, General Manager, New York State Exposition, Robert Fellows, Superintendent, Hall of Health, New York State Exposition, Dorothy Sproul, President, John Slade Ely Genter Special thanks are due to Miss Patricia Niles and James Lemkin for their assistance in the preparation of materials and in collecting the data
Sources of resistance to fear-arousing communications on smoking and lung cancer1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 155–175, June 1966
How to Cite
Leventhal, H. and Watts, J. C. (1966), Sources of resistance to fear-arousing communications on smoking and lung cancer. Journal of Personality, 34: 155–175. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1966.tb01706.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received May 11, 1965
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!