This research was supported by a grant (MH-07003) from the National Institute of Mental Health, United states Public Health Service We are indebted to Maunce J Silver for critically reading a preliminary draft of the manuscript
Toward a theory of hypnotic behavior: experimental evaluation of Hull's postulate that hypnotic susceptibility is a habit phenomenon1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 34, Issue 3, pages 416–433, September 1966
How to Cite
Barber, T. X. and Calverley, D. S. (1966), Toward a theory of hypnotic behavior: experimental evaluation of Hull's postulate that hypnotic susceptibility is a habit phenomenon. Journal of Personality, 34: 416–433. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1966.tb01724.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 17, 1965
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!