This experiment was supported by National Science Foundation Grants G24114 to New York University, GS-428 to Yale University, and GS-1000 to University of California, Riverside We wish to thank Burton Levy, Anthony N Doob, William Munson, Vernon Devine, and Samuel Weinstein for aid in conducting the experiment Most of the data analysis was performed by Burton Levy and Anthony N Doob
Motives for fear-induced affiliation: emotional comparison or interpersonal similarity?1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 34, Issue 4, pages 481–503, December 1966
How to Cite
Miller, N. (1966), Motives for fear-induced affiliation: emotional comparison or interpersonal similarity?. Journal of Personality, 34: 481–503. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1966.tb02366.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received April 5, 1965
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!