This study is based on a dissertation submitted by the author in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the PhD degree in the Department of Psychology at New York University's Graduate School of Arts and Science Financial support for this investigation was received from a predoctoral research fellowship (MF-10, 445) granted by the National Institute of Mental Health The author wishes to express his appreciation to his sponsor, Dr Irving H Paul, for his invaluable guidance and encouragement, to Dr Edith Neimark, for her generous help with statistical problems, and to Dr George S Klein, for his many constructive suggestions
The effects of experimentally induced changes in alertness on response to subliminal stimulation1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 34, Issue 4, pages 577–599, December 1966
How to Cite
Fiss, H. (1966), The effects of experimentally induced changes in alertness on response to subliminal stimulation. Journal of Personality, 34: 577–599. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1966.tb02373.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received May 2, 1966
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!