The research reported in this paper was made possible by Research Grant GS-1354 from the National Science Foundation and by a grant from Russell Sage Foundation The author wishes to thank Dr Bibb Latané for his helpful comments on the original manuscript
Achievement motivation, dissonance, and defensiveness1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 474–492, September 1968
How to Cite
Glass, D. C., Canavan, D. and Schiavo, S. (1968), Achievement motivation, dissonance, and defensiveness. Journal of Personality, 36: 474–492. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1968.tb01487.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 2, 1967
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!