This research was conducted during the tenure of a USPHS Postdoctoral Fellowship in Personality Research administered by Educational Testing Service The author is indebted to Henrietta Gallagher for supervising most of the analyses, to Margaret Hermann for providing a check on scoring reliability, and to George Petrillo, of Princeton High School, for securing and running the subjects John Atkinson, Julia Carlson, and Nathan Kogan provided very useful comments on an earlier version of this paper but are not responsible for its remaining flaws Some of the material in this paper was presented at meetings of the Eastern Psychological Association, Boston, April 6-8, 1967
Rationality and achievement: A comparison of the Atkinson-McClelland and Kogan-Wallach formulations1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 207–224, June 1969
How to Cite
Alker, H. A. (1969), Rationality and achievement: A comparison of the Atkinson-McClelland and Kogan-Wallach formulations. Journal of Personality, 37: 207–224. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1969.tb01741.x
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received March 25, 1968
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!