The research reported in this paper was supported in full by research grant MH12370 from the National Institute of Mental Health This paper is based on a thesis submitted by the senior author to the Department of Psychology in 1967 in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the Master's degree, a less extensive version was presented at the 1967 meetings of the Eastern Psychological Association We are greatly indebted to Professor Robert B Zajonc for his comments on the theoretical questions that are raised in this paper We are also indebted to Father Bedard of Holy Name High School, Worcester, Massachusetts, for his assistance in obtaining subjects for this experiment
Cognitive complexity and the learning of balanced and unbalanced social structures1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 541–553, December 1969
How to Cite
Press, A. N., Crockett, W. H. and Rosenkrantz, P. S. (1969), Cognitive complexity and the learning of balanced and unbalanced social structures. Journal of Personality, 37: 541–553. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1969.tb01763.x
Now at the University of Kansas
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received September 9, 1968
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!