This investigation was supported in its early stages by an All-University Research Grant from Michigan State University and in its later stages by a Faculty Research Grant from the Graduate School of the University of Massachusetts The author wishes to thank Samuel Himmelfarb and George Levinger for their comments on an earlier draft of this paper
Responses to attitude-discrepant information as a function of intolerance of inconsistency and category width1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 601–617, December 1969
How to Cite
Eagly, A. H. (1969), Responses to attitude-discrepant information as a function of intolerance of inconsistency and category width. Journal of Personality, 37: 601–617. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1969.tb01768.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received November 14, 1968
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!