Requests for reprints should be sent to the author, University of California, Santa Cruz, California 95060
Ego defense and aesthetic distortion: experimenter effects1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 560–580, December 1970
How to Cite
Machotka, P. (1970), Ego defense and aesthetic distortion: experimenter effects. Journal of Personality, 38: 560–580. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1970.tb00029.x
The author is indebted to Richard R Waite for sharing the conceptualization, planning and execution of Study II, to Daniel B Fishman for a critical reading of the manuscript, and to Gary O Zerbe for subtle help with a statistical question. Patricia Ann Lasky and Ellen Cashman took able charge of two of the experiments reported
This investigation was supported in part by National Institutes of Health Research Grants Numbers MH 14415–01 and FR 00404–01, the latter from the Division of Research Facilities and Resources
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received January 8, 1970
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!