Requests for reprints should be sent to Reuben M Baron, Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, 48202
Type and frequency of praise as determinants of favorability of self-image: An experiment in a field setting1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 493–511, December 1971
How to Cite
Baron, R. M., Bass, A. R. and Vietze, P. M. (1971), Type and frequency of praise as determinants of favorability of self-image: An experiment in a field setting. Journal of Personality, 39: 493–511. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1971.tb00058.x
This research was supported by Contract No 81-24-66-04, from the Manpower Administration, U S Department of Labor We wish to express our appreciation to Mr Donald Healas, Dr William Welke, Mr Burt Bradley, Mr Jude Cotter, and Mr Haskell Stone of the Mayor's Youth Employment Project City of Detroit, for their cooperation in providing subjects for this study and facilities for conducting the research The writing of this report was supported by NSF grant GS–2373 to the first author
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received October 19, 1970
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!