The conduct of this study was facilitated by a grant to the senior author from NIMH (MH-19853-01) and by a NIMH predoctoral fellowship (1Fo1MH 5015601) to the junior author. The authors gratefully acknowledge the able assistance of Nancy Schneir Requests for reprints should be sent to Ronald M Friend, Department of Psychology, State University of New York, Stony Brook, N Y. 11790
Threat and fear of negative evaluation as determinants of locus of social comparison
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 41, Issue 2, pages 328–340, June 1973
How to Cite
Friend, R. M. and Gilbert, J. (1973), Threat and fear of negative evaluation as determinants of locus of social comparison. Journal of Personality, 41: 328–340. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1973.tb00097.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received May 25, 1972
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!