Requests for reprints should be sent to Barry E. Collins, Department of Psychology, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024
Some dimensions of the internal-external metaphor in theories of personality1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 41, Issue 3, pages 471–492, September 1973
How to Cite
Collins, B. E., Martin, J. C., Ashmore, R. D. and Ross, L. (1973), Some dimensions of the internal-external metaphor in theories of personality. Journal of Personality, 41: 471–492. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1973.tb00107.x
This research was supported by a grant from NIMH (MH21463-01) to BEC and by a grant from NICHD (HD05281) to LR. The paper is much improved as the result of critical comments by Dons K. Collins
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received August 8, 1972.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!