We wish to thank Ellen Manning for serving as an experimental accomplice in this study, Harold H Kelley for helpful comments during the design phase of the study, Jerry Zadny for assistance with the data analysis, and William P Smith and Lawrence S. Wrightsman for helpful comments on an earlier version of the manuscript.
Effect of expected and observed outcome of an action on the differential causal attributions of actor and observer1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 62–77, March 1974
How to Cite
Harvey, J. H., Arkin, R. M., Gleason, J. M. and Johnston, S. (1974), Effect of expected and observed outcome of an action on the differential causal attributions of actor and observer. Journal of Personality, 42: 62–77. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1974.tb00557.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received March 13, 1973.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!