Now at the University of Rochester
The “eye of the beholder”: Determinants of physical attractiveness judgments in the U.S. and South Africa1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 42, Issue 4, pages 528–542, December 1974
How to Cite
Morse, S. J., Reis, H. T., Gruzen, J. and Wolff, E. (1974), The “eye of the beholder”: Determinants of physical attractiveness judgments in the U.S. and South Africa. Journal of Personality, 42: 528–542. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1974.tb00691.x
The authors would like to thank Dr Mark Fulcomer, Mr Norman Altaian, Mr Frank Lategano and Dr Judith Rodin for helping this project in various ways This research was supported by a grant to the senior author from the New York University Arts and Science Research Fund
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received April 16, 1973
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!