Requests for reprints should be sent to Stanley J. Morse, School of Social Sciences, The Flinders University of South Australia, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia.
The “eye of the beholder”: A neglected variable in the study of physical attractiveness?1
Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 44, Issue 2, pages 209–225, June 1976
How to Cite
Morse, S. J., Gruzen, J. and Reus, H. (1976), The “eye of the beholder”: A neglected variable in the study of physical attractiveness?. Journal of Personality, 44: 209–225. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1976.tb00119.x
The authors would like to thank the South African and American students who helped us with this research and the following individuals: Dr. Christopher Orpen and Professor W. P. Radloff of the University of Cape Town, Dr. Mark Fulcomer and Ms. Barbara Busch of New York University and Dr. Stanton Peele of Harvard University. This research was partially supported by grants to the senior author from the Faculty Research Fund of the University of Cape Town and the Arts and Science Research Fund of New York University.
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2006
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received February 18, 1974
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!