Requests for reprints should be addressed to the author, who is now in the Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical School, 3811 O'Hara Street, Pittsburgh, Pa. 15261.
Shyness, public and private, and its relationship to other measures of social behavior1
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
Journal of Personality
Volume 45, Issue 4, pages 585–595, December 1977
How to Cite
Pilkonis, P. A. (1977), Shyness, public and private, and its relationship to other measures of social behavior. Journal of Personality, 45: 585–595. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6494.1977.tb00173.x
This article is based on a dissertation submitted to the Department of Psychology, Stanford University. The research was generously supported by NIMH training grant MH12283 in social psychology, the Boys Town Center for Youth Development at Stanford University, and NIMH grant MH27543 to Philip Zimbardo. While the research was conducted, the author held first a predoctoral fellowship from NSF and then a Research Service Award from NIMH. The author is especially grateful to Philip Zimbardo for his help and encouragement during every stage of the project, and would also like to thank Albert Hastorf and Daryl Bem for their advice and suggestions.
- Issue online: 28 APR 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2006
- Manuscript received January 4, 1977
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!